July 20, 2022
Kiwi & lime granita
Beautifully zingy and fresh. Ridiculously quick and easy to make, this granita is perfect as a refreshing desert or a nice pallet cleanser.
Prep. time: 15 mins + mixing
Cooking time: Nil
For the tartare
10 ripe kiwis, peeled & roughly chopped
Zest and juice of half a lime
2 tsps vodka (optional)
1. Place all the ingredients in large jug. Using a stick blender blitz everything to a smooth puree.
2. Pass the mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove most of the kiwi seeds.
3. Transfer the sieved mixture into a shallow dish and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
4. Once the hour is up, using a fork break up any solid ice crystals that will start forming around the edge and mix.
5. Keep doing this every 45 minute until all the granita is solid.
6. Transfer the granita to an air tight container and store in the freezer until ready to use.
Although the vodka can be omitted from this granita, the alcohol in it will help the final texture form becoming too solid. If you opt not to use it make sure to flake up the granita more regularly so that it does not freeze solid.